The world's best slow-roast lamb breast!
Here at Primal HQ, we love to get around the table on a Sunday and have a big old family dinner. This is one of our favourite lamb treats, rustled up by Primal Grazing mama Gillian.
It's so easy to just stick in the oven and forget for 3 hours and tastes incredible!
Also perfect for fireplace evenings and romantic dinners alike, we love this dish so much, we think its probably the best slow roast-lamb in the world!
The world's best slow roast Lamb Breast
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large casserole dish by placing in the oven
- Unroll the lamb breast on a workstation (keep the string, you'll need it for later!)
- Spread the mustard over the top of the lamb
- Crush chop the capers and crush with 2 garlic cloves, the parsley or celery leaves and mix together with lemon zest and some Fiery Umami Sea Salt. Spread on top of the mustard
- Roll the lamb back up and re-tie
- Gently place the lamb into the casserole dish and brown all over, in the oven.
- Once browned, remove the meat to a plate and let rest; keep the casserole dish
- Thinly slice the 2 onions and 2 garlic cloves and cook in the casserole for 10 mins until soft,
- Add the Prosecco or White Wine and the Chicken stock into the casserole dish
- Return the lamb and the juices from the plate to the casserole dish, cover with lid and bake for 3 hours
- Take out the lamb and rest for 20 mins
- Use the onions and juices to make a gravy by optionally reducing and thickening with cornflour
- Slice the lamb, serve and enjoy!
We served with new potatoes, or why not try Dauphinoise Potatoes for a delicious creamy treat!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.